Aava – Name Meaning
Aava is a Finnish name meaning “wave”. It is derived from the Finnish word “aalto”, which means wave. The name Aava has been used in Finland since the 19th century and is still popular today.
The name Aava is often associated with the sea and water, as it reflects the beauty of waves crashing against the shore. It can also be seen as a symbol of strength and resilience, as waves are powerful forces of nature that cannot be stopped.
Aava is a unique name that stands out from other names due to its unusual spelling and pronunciation. It is pronounced “ah-vah” and can be spelled in various ways such as Ava, Aavah, or Aawah.
Aava is not a very common name in the United States, but it has been gaining popularity in recent years. In 2019, it was ranked #7,845 on the Social Security Administration’s list of most popular baby girl names.
In Finland, Aava is much more popular than in the US. It was ranked #20 on the list of most popular baby girl names in Finland in 2020.
Famous People Named Aava
There are several famous people who have been given the name Aava. These include:
- Ava Gardner – American actress
- Ava DuVernay – American filmmaker
- Ava Max – American singer-songwriter
- Ava Phillippe – American model and daughter of Reese Witherspoon
Variations of Aava
There are several variations of the name Aava that can be used for both boys and girls. These include:
- Avah – Hebrew variation meaning “father’s joy”
- Avia – Hebrew variation meaning “my father’s joy”
- Avya – Hebrew variation meaning “God is my father”
- Aviyah – Hebrew variation meaning “God is my father”