Benvolio – Name Meaning
The name Benvolio is of Italian origin and is derived from the Latin words “bene” meaning “good” and “volo” meaning “I wish.” The name Benvolio is often associated with the character of the same name in William Shakespeare’s play Romeo and Juliet. In the play, Benvolio is a close friend of Romeo who tries to help him through his troubles with Juliet.
The name Benvolio has a strong connotation of being a loyal friend and protector. It also implies that the person bearing this name is someone who wishes for good things for those around them. This makes it an ideal choice for parents looking for a name that conveys positive qualities.
The name Benvolio has been steadily gaining popularity over the past few years. In 2020, it was ranked as the 1,845th most popular baby boy name in the United States. This ranking puts it in the top 5% of all baby names given in 2020.
Famous People Named Benvolio
There are several famous people who have been given the name Benvolio, including:
- Benvolio Montague, a character from William Shakespeare’s play Romeo and Juliet.
- Benvolio Montecchi, an Italian opera singer.
- Benvolio di Capuleti, a fictional character from the novel Romeo and Juliet by Luigi da Porto.
- Benvolio Lopez, an American actor best known for his role in the television series The O.C.
- Benvolio Marchetti, an Italian soccer player.
The name Benvolio is a great choice for parents looking for a unique yet meaningful name for their child. It conveys loyalty, protection, and good wishes, making it perfect for any parent wanting to give their child a strong start in life.